Terms and Conditions
The general terms and conditions of carriage provide information on certain conditions that govern transportation on Air Labrador.
REVIEW ITINERARY UPON RECEIPT
Please review your travel itinerary as soon as your booking process is completed. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Air Labrador.
AIR LABRADOR CONTACT INFORMATION
For quick information or for flight arrival and/or departure information, visit our website at airlabrador.com.
To make changes to your reservation or for general information, please call 1 800 563-3042 between 8:00 and 20:00 weekdays or between 9:00 and 17:00 weekends and holidays.
The terms and conditions under which Air Labrador offers transportation entirely within Canada are set out in a Domestic Tariff which Air Labrador has published. Some of these conditions are set out in your itinerary and in the conditions printed below.
- Required Identification: To board a flight, all domestic passengers are required to present one piece of valid government-issued photo ID that shows name, date of birth and gender, such as a driver’s license or a passport. Passengers may also present two pieces of valid government-issued non-photo ID, at least one of which shows name, date of birth and gender, such as a birth certificate.
- Check-In Deadline: You must obtain your boarding pass and check in any baggage by the check-in deadline shown below.
Additionally, you must be available for boarding at the gate by the deadline shown below. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the loss of your assigned seat or the cancellation of your reservation.
ALL TIMES PRIOR TO SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME.
|Airport||Recommended Check In Time||Check In Deadline|
|St. John’s International Airport||90 min.||30 min.|
|Goose Bay, NL
Deer Lake, NL
|60 min.||Beech 1900: 30 min.
Twin: 20 min.
|All other airports||45 min.||20 min.|
- You may reconfirm your flight departure time by visiting airlabrador.com and selecting the ‘’flight status’’ tool on the main page or by calling Air Labrador, one day prior to your departure.
- Voluntary changes to your itinerary may require the payment of additional fees and fare upgrades. If you are traveling on a non-refundable ticket, Air Labrador will be unable to make exceptions in the event of an unexpected trip cancellation or medical emergency.
- You may travel with 50 lbs of checked baggage on
Twin Otter flights and Beech Flights in NL , and with 25 lbs of checked baggage on Beech flights only in Quebec. Any baggage exceeding these limits will be subject to applicable excess baggage charges.One (1) carry-on baggage per passenger is allowed provided it fits in the sizing device located at all check-in counters on our Beech flights only. It is recommended that documents and medication are packed in your carry-on baggage, as Air Labrador will not be responsible for their loss, damage or delay. For additional information, please refer to the Baggage section of airlabrador.com.
- For safety reasons, dangerous articles must not be packed in checked or carry-on baggage. Air Labrador assumes no liability for perishables, valuables, jewelry, liquids, business documents, samples, money, securities, negotiable papers, electronic equipment or accessories, computers, cameras, silverware and fragile articles.
NOTICE – SOLD SUBJECT TO TARIFF REGULATIONS
Air Labrador reserves the right to refuse carriage of any persons or of any goods or baggage, in accordance with the applicable provisions of its published tariffs, rules or regulations, or otherwise in accordance with the law. You may be required to present the credit card used to purchase your ticket at check-in.
Airline flights may be overbooked, and there is a slight chance that a seat will not be available on a flight for which a person has a confirmed reservation. If the flight is overbooked, no one will be denied a seat until the airline personnel first asks for volunteers willing to give up their reservation in exchange for a payment of the airline’s choosing. If there are not enough volunteers, the airline will deny boarding to other persons in accordance with its particular boarding priority. With few exceptions, persons denied boarding involuntarily are entitled to compensation.
No pets are allowed in the cabin. Service animals for special needs passengers shall be permitted in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the carrier’s tariff.
FLIGHT DELAY OR DIVERSION DUE TO WEATHER NOTICE
Carrier is not liable for room, board and ground transportation or any connecting flight if a flight is delayed or diverted due to weather conditions. Passenger will be transported from diverted point to their original destination on the carrier’s next available flight.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For travel wholly between points in Canada, the liability limit is $500 CAD per passenger. Special rules may apply to fragile, valuable or perishable articles. For further information, please consult your carrier.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your insurance company representative.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- As used in this contract, “ticket” means passenger document and baggage check, or itinerary/receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “electronic ticket” means the itinerary/receipt issued by or on behalf of carrier, the electronic coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability set out in the carrier’s tariff.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage and other services performed by the carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier).
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in the ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- Carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damaged/missing baggage, pre-notice of damage or loss must be submitted to the carrier in writing via the airport agent after the arrival of the flight on which the loss or damage is alleged to have occurred and prior to the passenger leaving the airport. Failing to give pre-notice within time aforesaid, no action shall lie against the carrier unless the claimant establishes to the satisfaction of the carrier that he was unable to give such notice. Following the pre-notice, a detailed report must be made within 30 days from the date of the pre-notice.
- The ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in the ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility in granting connections on any other air and/or surface carrier.
- Passengers shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.